How exciting is it to wake up to an email with the news that the lovely Jenny has nominated me for a blogger award?! I was awfully excited by it. I’ve been nominated twice before Sisterhood of the World Blogger and Creative Blogger but it always gets excited and I am so flattered that normal people like you read my ramblings and whats more you like them! With blogging there is a tendency to type and type and type and forget that its out there for everyone. So, more about Jenny – in fact summed things up rather nicely in her post.
Maria Victoria Smith – I actually first found Maria on Instagram when we bonded oer our mutual, and somewhat unusaual affinity for The Netherlands. Her blog is well-written, engaging and it was so nice to find someone who liked the Dutch as much as me!
There’s a hidden Dutch-wannabe community that I feel like I am almost tapping into which means I find people like Jenny! If i have any words of advice that I think more people should live by its this: If you have a fascination or an interest in anything go out and find other people who like it too – they are there if you just look! Now on to the rules…
ONE. Thank the blogger who nominated you. – CHECK
TWO. List the rules and display the award. The rules are in the post – please just copy and paste and get nominating!
THREE. Share seven facts about yourself. 1.
4. I am an organisation freak. I love nothing more than scheduling, planning, highlighting, listing, my life. I have something in the pipeline about this coming very soon. Keep your eyes peeled in August for more on this. I’m learning to harness this obsession.
5. I’m a little bit of a Female Empowerment Advocate. Not in any massive way, I prefer to bubble along rather than be a campaigner on such topics. I am a massive believer in equal rights for men and women but not in the sense of making EVERYTHING the same for men and women. I’m more the type of person who wants to redefine expectations of individuals. I believe that everyone should have the right to be or do whatever they feel they can. I don’t think we should force equality but simply be less judgmental with our expectations. I think women should know they are beautiful, there is no definition of beauty, its is who we are rather than what we are. I think women shouldn’t be judged or given a hand up – women, like men, should have to work for what they want in life. I believe there should be no special treatment for one gender over another and mostly I don’t think anyone should feel any less for knowing and embracing what they are good at, what they are bad at, what they like or what they dislike. I know what I want to accomplish in my life and my gender doesn’t even come into it. I also happen to think I would have made a kick-ass suffragette back in the day!
FOUR. Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them:
My three nominations for very inspiring blogs are:
- A Linguist’s Journey – My learning has slacked somewhat recently and every time I check my reader I see another post about something new. I admire anyone who learns lan learns a language let alone someone who has ideas to tackle 8! I wish I had your drive for learning and your commitment!
- The Ninth Life – Yesterday I Was, Today I Am, and Tomorrow I Shall Be… I can’t quite remember how I managed to come across this blog but I am so glad that I did. I actually think we are scarily similar too. Her posts are so varied and so inspirational. I think I’ve read everything on her site and could quite happily read it all again. You know when you get that feeling that someone is just a lovely person? I get this feeling from her!
- Bitterballenbruid – I’ve followed Hayley since I started blogging about all things Dutch. With a name like Bitterballenbruid theres no question as to why I LOVE her blog. I can relate to so much of her blog and always learn something new. Never stop blogging Hayley you alway put a smile on my face when I’m missing those Orange Lands!