I’ve had a little hiatus this week which I should imagine has been so surprise to anyone who read my last post with how hectic it was was going to be!
Here is a run down of everything that has happened this week.
This week I have:
- Taken the grandparents out.
- Got drunk on a Sunday afternoon.
- Taken the grandparents out again.
- Come second on the pub quiz with out highest score to date.
- Eaten cake for breakfast AND dinner.
- Learnt how to stamp pretty patterns on my nails. (There will be more about that in a post later on!)
- Passed my Dutch Level 2 exam.
- Eaten tapas.
- Made it to London in one piece but went to the wrong hotel
- Met a bloke wearing Google glasses (not quite sure of my opinion on that)
- Had a free ticket upgrade to sit 6 rows from the front in the stalls of Les Miserables!
- Got creeped out my super dodgy club “touts” in Piccadilly.
- Waved at the queen, went to parliament, saw MrDC’s house, debated the time frame in the London eye changing from BA to Coca-Cola.
- Stood in trafalgar square at midnight with not a soul around
- Debated the big questions of the world such as: how many people jump off Westminster bridge? Would you die if you jumped off the bridge?
- Visited the National Gallery and insulted paintings of cherubs and naked 16C oil mastepieces. Why is everyone hairless and what do the goat and lizard symbolise?!
- Listening to a busker who couldn’t quite hit the low notes.
- Went to the science museum and learnt about how astronauts go to the toilet, the effects of green house gases and that if you eat your dinner of a gold spoon the food will taste creamier (I didn’t know that either!)
- Visited Harrods. Discovered that it sells nothing that you can’t find in Selfridges or Debenhams the only different being the building is more fancy and the staff are all perfectly gorgeous
- KO-ed in the train station and watched people run for trains underneath signs saying “Do Not Run!”
- We never got the the bottom of “Where Sheena/Sheila went?”
- Won a game of solitaire in under 3 minutes! Winner!
The moral of this story is that this years Birthday celebrations have been a little unconventional but thoroughly enjoyable. London has exhausted me but I have loved every second of the week long celebrations.
Blisters developed: 8
Tubes caught: 19
Wine drank: 4 bottles
Miles walked: Uncountable!